Need ideas of things to do in New Jersey for Thanksgiving weekend? We have some great family-friendly suggestions!
Round out your menu with some Thanksgiving pies that go way beyond pumpkin!
- Alstede Farm – Many selections such as Fruits of the Forest, Peach Praline, Sweet Potato Crunch, just to start
- Wightman Farm – Choices includes Blueberry Crumb, Cherry, Lemon Crunch, No Sugar Apple, and many more
Don’t feel like cooking at all? Make a reservation at one of our local restaurants or order your feast!
- Enjoy a sumptuous Thanksgiving Buffet at the Grain House, which features All Natural Griggstown Farm turkey
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with a special 3 course menu at the Blue Morel
- Let Jockey Hollow Bar & Kitchen do the heavy lifting – order a complete meal for 8 people
Ensure that your guests from out of town are well-rested (and so are you!).
- Olde Mill Inn – this historic in is conveniently located in Basking Ridge
- Hyatt House – two locations are available, both Morristown and Parsippany
Burn off your holiday meal before you eat it (and support a good cause at the same time).
- Morris Township Thanksgiving Day 5k Run: Participate in the Interfaith Food Pantry and Literacy Volunteers of Morris County’s annual Morris Township Turkey Trot. The USATF certified 5k, 1 Mile Fun Walk/Run and Kid’s Trot is a fun, family event that benefits both charities
Burn off your holiday meal after you eat it!
- Walk off that Thanksgiving meal with a family-friendly hike through wetland fields and meadows alongside the meandering Passaic River and Cory’s Brook
Get ready for the Christmas season:
- Starting Friday, take a short ride out to Clinton to the Red Mill Museum Village Festival of Trees – The Festival features a beautiful display of decorated trees, wreaths and centerpieces that are available to win through in a raffle
- Santa will be touching down at Alstede Farms on Saturday, just in time for the perfect family portrait
- Start your holiday shopping and support small businesses in charming towns such as Morristown, Chester, or Boonton on Small Business Saturday
Learn something new:
- Make delicious, homemade apple cider using an old-fashioned, hand-cranked cider press, and learn fun facts about the amazing apple at the Great Swamp OEC on Saturday
Find other events, including concerts and recreational activities on our calendar