The Morris County Library opened in 1922. By the end of the year 10,087 books had been catalogued and 99 library stations had been set up in county stores, schools and town libraries. A library car traveled throughout the county, delivering books to the stations and 83,000 residents. In 1968 MCL moved from the county courthouse in Morristown to its present location on Hanover Avenue.
Of Special Note: